- I am being so encouraged by Beth Moore's teachings! I've been attending her "He Is" video series at my church this past month and in each session, without fail, I learn new and powerful truths about my God. Mostly, I am reminded of how much He loves me. I've also been recording her teachings on the Life Today show (called "Wednesdays with Beth") as she has been discussing the story in the bible of Jacob wrestling with God. Man, that's good stuff.
- I am enjoying our small group from church...and thanking God for an answer to prayer. For a long time I wished for and prayed about God leading us to a group of other Christian couples to fellowship with and of course He answered! Each week Stephen and I look so forward to being with them. It's been a really good thing for both of us.
- I'm finding that some of my most powerful prayer time is happening when I am alone in my car! It used to be first thing in the morning, but for some reason, that has turned into a time where I read a few devotions, focus on some scripture, and make a few lists in my journal. I write down everything I am thankful for from the day before, I write down sins that I know I committed and need to ask forgiveness for, and I make a list of concerns to lift up in prayer. It's usually in my drive time that I lift those things up and just TALK to God. I enjoy that time.
- I am in awe of the work God has done in my marriage. Even though we have a few trials we are facing right now, I have never felt more like we are a true "team". We disagree from time to time, of course, but--dare I say--gone are the days where we lived with constant turmoil in our home. I feel loved and respected by my husband as he seems to go out of his way to express those things to me. It was one month ago that we celebrated our 8 year anniversary together. And I am very thankful to God. We have beaten some serious odds. I don't know the statistics, but the divorce rate is pretty high for those who marry for the first time and even higher for those in second marriages. This is the THIRD marriage for each of us AND along with that we have had blended family issues, but we are still here. We are committed to making this work...and we both know we are where we are supposed to be :)
- I'm finding more and more interesting people on Twitter. I know a lot of people don't "get" Twitter, but what I have enjoyed so far is getting encouraging thoughts-- or "updates"-- throughout the day on my phone from pastors, Christian authors and musicians from all over the country. It makes the world seem like a smaller place--like a cool "community" of believers at your fingertips.
- I am working hard to eat less and VERY GRADUALLY move more. I am so tired of looking the way I look and feeling so tired all the time. And I hate when I fall into that rut of not caring about it--which is where I have been for a long time. To be very honest, although I realize that overeating and turning to food when I am stressed is a sin (idolatry), I wonder if I am still fighting this battle because I have never REALLY confessed it as sin in my heart of hearts. Hmmm...sounds like something to spend some time praying about.
- I am seeing prayers answered and it just gets me so excited. The older I get and the more time spent in prayer, the more I am realizing there are certain prayers that God will always answer and often quickly! For example, asking God to help me be more sensitive to His Spirit. Asking God to give me HIS perspective on a situation. Asking God to soften my heart towards someone who has hurt me. Asking God to show me anything in my life that is displeasing to Him. Asking God to reveal any hidden sin in my kids' lives so they can be dealt with and not allowed to continue to get away with them. Yep, those are just a handful of prayers that I have learned from experience I can pray, and God will be quick to respond ;)
- I am experiencing God's love everyday. This is hard to explain, and really goes along with what I just mentioned regarding answered prayers, but I have to share...I can't even find the words to describe how special I feel when God goes out of His way to comfort me. Sometimes, I talk to God about something that hurts me. Not even asking Him for anything, just talking to Him about it...much like a child would tell their parent about something that makes them sad or feel bad. And the next thing I know, God arranges my circumstances in such a way that my hurt is "tended to" by Him. Does that make sense? I don't even think I can explain it any further. It's just one of those things that is between me and God. And it makes me very aware of His presence and His love for me.
I pray that whoever is reading this, feels that love today. May God bless you!